Saturday, June 28, 2008

Going Away

I have been procrastinating posting this, the last video from Berlin, but here it is. The final 1 week and a half were fantastic! I went to the world renown panorama bar a couple of times, watched a lot of football with Daniel, Daniel and Jurgen, and had a wow experience night at Dr. Pong with Caesar.

The most official goodbyes came at a going away party Daniel generously hosted with some of his fresh lasagna and leftover booze from the wedding party at the Ost-See. 9 of us fit into his cozy apartment and made a great night of it, which involved lots of alcohol sampling and waving goodbye. The video makes me sad when I watch it but the soundtrack doesn't help either, Jose Gonzales' treatment of the The Knife song "Heartbeats" chokes me up a little on its own. I tacked on some audio from the party of a goodbye song my drunken arm was twisted into playing on D's guitar very early in the morning.

Here is the video starring my friends:

Abel (Holland)
Anna (Holland)
Brendan (New Zealand)
Daniel (Deutschland)
Dirk (Deutschland)
Ena (Japan)
Rebekka (Deutschland)
Susumu (Japan)

Going Away




I don't have time to give this blog the finishing touches I want to put on it, stay tuned for one last post featuring video from my home reunion party - tomorrow night - so my friends back home in Berlin can see my friends back home here in the O.

No comments: