Monday, March 31, 2008

Spree Graffiti

On Daniel's recommendation I went and did the 3.5 hour boat tour of the city (16 Euro). It was totally worth it. Not at all an overpriced tourist trap I was scared it may be. I knew Berlin had a lot of water - rivers & canals - running though it, but I didn't think about what a great way to see the city this was. While doing so I came to realize just how many incredible buildings and parks there are. And as the ticket-lady said, the price gets you "61 bridges!" I took a lot of video but ended up with 2 projects: graffiti & architecture. As a fan of Bauhaus style in general Berlin has an incredible amount of the original and inspired-by architecture. Of course many buildings have been rebuilt or built-from-scratch since WWII. You really see just how incredibly modern Berlin really is, which is less discernible from the street.

Anyway, that video should be ready soon. In the mean time, here is the first finished (loose sense) result entitled Spree graffiti set to Afrika Bambaata's nod to Kraftwerk - Planet Rock.
The video, in turn, is my lo-fi homage to the beautiful artwork that is constantly changing and literally on every block of the city.

Spree Graffiti





Coming Soon:

Bau Wau Haus!


Things that are Cool:

People don't spit here.

1 comment:

Mathieu Trudel said...

WoW!

Can't wait for your Bauhaus video!