Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Aurèle's Visit Part I

So, Aurèle came here for a week and we had a great time. I wish I had written down everything we did, but here is the short list: A national galarie, 3 Biergartens, Gorki-Park (3 times!!!), a punk show, a squat, a club, a Schwäbisch dinner, a Bavarian breakfast, a flea market, shopping, eating & vodka. We were really excessive for the whole week plus we hung out with Daniel every day, and new Dutch friends; Anna, Aletta, & Lilian, very frequently. Aurèle took most of the pictures, plus the ones I took are trapped on my phone, by my old OS, for the moment. So, once I compile all the photos from Aurèle, Daniel, the Dutch girls and myself, I should have a more photographically representative post to share of most of the previously mentioned people & activities. Also, Daniel has started taking some video with his Handy. Look out for fresh new co-productions featuring his innovative Beer-Cam.

Here is the first video, or what I was able to capture with 1 battery, from our tour of the Neue-Nationalgalarie - a modern to contemporary National Gallerie housed in the fantastic "temple of light and glass" which was designed by Mies van der Rohe. It is home to some of my favourite famous-artist's work such as: Otto Dix, George Grosz, Miro, Picasso, and numerous Bauhaus masters. I set it to the Knife - Bird (2001) because it was really comfortable there, and the collection was broad but to the point. Like a bird's beak.

A Museum with Aurèle




Stay Tuned for:

Aurèle's visit part II
&

Riot Party! Die Erste Mai!

No comments: