Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Museum with Ena

Ena, a classmate of mine in German school, is from Tokyo, is stunningly beautiful, and has a shared interest in Berlin history, particularly the Berlin Wall. She is so nice that she did not even mind when I got us lost 3 times, while showing her the S-bahn home, because I was completley distracted by her.

I have been trying to get to Martin-Gropius Bau (designed & built by Walter Gropius's great-unkle Matin) since I came here. It is reputed to be Berlin's best and best looking exhibit space. The Dani Karavan exhibit looked really cool on the poster so I thought I would ask Ena to go with me before our road trip to Poland (we just got back). Happily she wanted to come too. After class on Friday we went out for some Thai food then headed to the museum.

On the way there we walked past the remaining portion of The Wall, still standing as it was, on Zimmerstrasse. The Topography of Terror outdoor exhibit looked excellent and I will have to revisit it before I leave.
I was only able to take some video of Dani Karavan's installation of the upside down tree and the miniature oasis, the exhibit was, understandably closed to photography. So what I wound up with from the day was some video of Ena and I getting to the museum and after, walking past a Trabant rental agency and to the historic Cafe Adler at Checkpoint Charlie. Ena had been wanting to check it out. I took this opportunity to introduce Ena to Schneider Hefe-Weissen and documented that historic occasion as well.

So this video, which was originally going to focus on the Dani Karavan exhibit, now documents
my new friend Ena.
Ena & Me



Coming really soon:

Poland Aktion

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would have been nice to see inside the exhibit space for sure, but I guess I'll just have to save it for going in person!

Mathieu Trudel said...

I really like the tree hanging upside-down in the main hall!!!